Saturday, February 17, 2024

Thanks for the lessons

I learned a lot about myself last year when training for a marathon. I specifically learned that some days will just not work. Some days I just have a terrible run: sometimes there’s a discernible reason, sometimes not. When this happens I plow through. Done and done. Try again next time.

Today’s run was not so great. I felt heavy and bloated. It was fah-reeeeezing cold and windy. But I needed to do 11 miles (doing a half marathon with Lars in a few weeks), so I did, and it was over eventually. 😂 (after like, 2.5 hrs…)

But last Saturday’s 10-miler was amazing. Beautiful weather, and my body felt strong and fast.

Good days and bad days happen and it all adds up. I know I sound so cheesy, but I just really loved the experience, and don’t tell Matt, but I might train for another marathon next year. I keep thinking I can improve my time. Of course the amusing thing about that is that I have continued running regularly, with the goal of shaving off at least 1:30 per mile off of my marathon time, and I have changed exactly nothing about my training. Hmm, I wonder why I haven’t been getting any faster? 😂

See what I mean? Life lessons. This is the good stuff!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Seriously, you’re amazing, good and bad days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...