I feel like this winter/spring has been a tiny bit of a rollercoaster. I am on day 19 of my cycle and that means I’ll feel overwhelmed for the next 10 days. I can’t be sure but I think the extremes of my rollercoaster have amped up in the last year or two.
I’m told this could be the beginning of perimenopause.
Frankly I was pretty sure I was starting perimenopause around age 35, yet every doctor told me no I was not. Well… I guess it doesn’t matter, except that if I meet 35-year-olds in the future who are like “am I crazy?” I’ll be like, well with this data set of two people, we can confirm that the midlife rollercoaster can start ramping up by mid-30s despite what the doctors say.
I remember having super broad mood swings as a teenager when I would feel so ecstatically happy after my period started, and so horrifically grumpy a few days after it was over. And then I had my encounter with birth control around age 21-22 that messed me all up, then I had all the babies and the postpartum hormones, and then I got diagnosed with PMDD, and now there’s this perimenopause thing. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is just my lot in life…
It’s the pirate ride.
Hashtag pirate ride life.
That’s showbiz, baby!
2 comments:
it's always something isn't it? What happened to carefree? We do a lot and put up with a lot - there ought to be a carefree too.
Thank you for sharing this about perimenopause because I felt like I have been going crazy this past year. I’m a little optimistic we will have more information and “relief” as GenX has been giving it a lot of attention, where I had no idea it existed until recently. Lots to read about periods and menopause but peri was not on my radar. We will get through this too. We have too!
Post a Comment