For the first time since before Covid, I’m taking most of my kids to the Mall today to visit the war memorials for Veterans Day. (Ida and I went just the two of us in 2021.)(she can’t come today, because of school stuff.) last year and the year before, we were in Richmond for marathon/half marathons. 2020, I can’t remember whether I went or not. I wish we could greet an honor flight like we used to, but there weren’t any scheduled for today. :(
I’m looking forward to it. It’s not “fun” but it’s an experience and it helps to really appreciate the day and the history of the holiday, to be there in DC by the Vietnam, Korea, and WWII memorials, among veterans and other patriots, who are remembering those sacrifices and all the mixed feelings that come along.
1 comment:
I really enjoy the monuments in DC - they are very evocative.
Post a Comment