Sunday, November 19, 2023

Thanks for my legs

I attempted to go on a 2-mile “shakeout” jog today (been a week since the marathon) and ended up shortening it to 1 mile because my legs felt like rubber. I am trusting that they’ll feel normal again eventually; everything I read says it takes about 3 weeks for a novice marathoner to get back into the groove of running.

It was still a nice little jog, even though I felt like Gumby. Or maybe one of the Blockheads. Which one was your favorite? Do you know who Gumby and the Blockheads are? Or Pokey? (I actually had to Google Pokey because I forgot his name.) Random memory, when I was little we had a shampoo bottle shaped like a Blockhead.

Anyway I’m thankful for my rubbery Gumby legs, and I’m looking forward to running gingerly on them again soon!

1 comment:

grannybabs said...

Physical exertion is not without it's results - and sometimes they are not what we expect! Even if we are warned!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...