Thursday, November 13, 2025

Thanks for the teachers

I chaperoned Polly’s field trip today and I am ex-haus-ted. It was fun to chat with other parents though as well as her delightful teachers. Gosh, how many teachers have taken care of my kids over the years? I’m going to do some math and figure that out. Thank you, teachers!!!


Edit:

This is not counting church, seminary, piano, voice etc. teachers. That would probably be another 50+…

They each went to 2 years of preschool with about 4 teachers each = 8

3 of them went to 7 years of elementary school with 2 teachers each year (I’m counting IAs, but many classes did have 2 fully licensed teachers) plus PE, music, band, art, and STEAM teachers; and Polly has been there 6 years.

3 of them went to 2 years of middle school with 6-10 teachers each year (10 for Theo, 6 for the others)

High school, 6-10 teachers each year (10 for Theo, 6 for the others); 4 years for Theo, 3 for Ida, 1 for Lars

It’s been a minute since I had to do real math but that is APPROXIMATELY 100 unique teachers who have helped my kids in school since we started Theo in preschool in ~2010.

That’s allowing for some repeats. It might be more like 60, if I really sit down and figure out which teachers had more than one of my kids. (I adjusted for this with the elementary specials teachers.) Approximately 60-100 unique teachers plus a whole bunch of the church and music variety. BLESS THEM ALL.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...