That's my brother Harry next to me at our nephew's wedding. Do you know what it's like to have a brother who's 10+ years older than you? In my eyes, Harry was always the coolest guy, who had things like a boa constrictor in a glass tank in his room, and purple suede Doc Martens. He left for college when I was only 7. Then he lived with us again briefly when I was in high school before he got married, and I used to raid his CDs for my mixtapes (thanks to him for my love of funk in particular, but also Harry Connick Jr., Madonna, Depeche Mode, and George Michael) and spray his cKone cologne on myself when he wasn't home.
He taught me how to drive uphill in his stick-shift truck. He made a sign for the window that said "SHAQ FOR PRESIDENT" when the Lakers were in the finals. When I was a senior in college he came to BYU for one semester to finish his degree and we took 2 classes together. I am so thankful for this cool older brother who I know loves me and who still teaches me stuff.

1 comment:
Good content here - you have hit the nail on the head as they say~
Post a Comment