I feel like Lars must be what Matt was like when he was 13. He’s just so funny and smart and goofy and gets the job done. Like ordering Instant Underpants as his gift for Matt’s birthday. Just add water!
Lars truly drives me insane sometimes… like daily… with his teasing and his nervous energy. But he is also so great. Just a little loose nerve ending (as Matt calls him) who channels that power into doing stuff like running the fastest mile in the school.
Or, the most recent example of the Power of Lars: yesterday afternoon (Friday) he was musing out loud that baked ziti sounded good for dinner. He asked if he could go get the ingredients for it and make it. I pointed him to my recipe book, and he found the recipe. Then he…
Made a grocery list. Got Theo to take him to Wegmans (he asked me if he could borrow my credit card, which I was happy to contribute to the cause). Came home, cooked up the onions and garlic and beef, chopped some spinach, boiled some pasta, and mixed it all together with cheese and sauce and what have you. Baked it. Cleaned up the kitchen and set the table for four, because Matt and I were going out to dinner.
I am not kidding or exaggerating. Lucky for him he’s so cute and so efficient, due to the aforementioned bouncing off the walls. Obviously we’ll keep him. That’s the Power of Lars! 🎶 🎸
1 comment:
I shared this with Francis and Lee - and they were impressed! Mom
Post a Comment