Tuesday, November 05, 2024

Thanks for the bikes

It all started when my brother-in-law Bruce gifted me a vintage green Schwinn. At the time, Polly was just about a year old and big enough to sit up in a bike seat. So I bought one. She rode in that thing until she was 4 years old. 😂 Fortunately, by the time she was 5, she had learned to ride her own bike. My other kids all have bikes too (well, Theo did until he left it unlocked and it got stolen… smh…)

We live close enough to the pool, the park, and 7-11 to bike any of those places, and we do! Not so much in November… but it’s a long hot and happy summer on our bikes. And during the year, they can use the bikes to get to school. Plus there are some bike-friendly trails nearby too. Hooray for the bikes!

2 comments:

Deb said...

I love your thankful posts each year - LOVE!

Anonymous said...

Alice and I had to share a bike growing up - that's not the best way to become an accomplished cyclist!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...